Tom Macklin is an editorial casting director, event programme curator, commercial celebrity strategist and culture consultant based in London. His roster of clients encompasses the worlds of fashion, luxury, tech, lifestyle and media. Through intelligent partnerships, the art of storytelling, cultural trend forecasting and celebrity affiliation he is able to achieve distinct identities whilst reinvigorating a brands exposure. Engaging with the right talent at the right time, in the right way can recalibrate a brand, refresh an image, capture the world's attention and make it the topic of conversation. Tom is the Talent Director at Document Journal in NYC and ES Magazine in London.
- Long standing trust with collaborators that has been nurtured over two decades
- Direct relations with talent, influencers and industry figures
- Proactive & dependable ensuring flexibility & mutual satisfaction for both client & talent
- Unparalleled international relationships with celebrity publicists, agents and managers
- Established global reputation
- Unrivalled & diverse international network of contacts from A-list celebrities to breakthrough talent, industry heavyweights to burgeoning creatives, activists to leaders, artists to entrepreneurs, photographers to cultural commentators, writers to fashion insiders
- 20+ years experience with proven results & ROI
- Entertainment Director/Associate Editor at Hearst UK: Esquire, Harper's Bazaar, ELLE & Town & Country. Solely responsible for trusted delivery of high calibre talent for internal & external Hearst campaigns & covers.
- Event Curator/Talent Director: Harper's Bazaar Women of the Year awards, Esquire Townhouse, ELLE Style Awards & The Bazaar Summit.
- Interface between brands, editorial & talent: Breitling, Chanel, Dior, Chloé, Lancôme, Armani Beauty, Louis Vuitton, Guerlain, Soho House, Mango, Zegna, Dior Watches and Tiffany & Co
- Celebrity & fashion cover casting
- Editorial talent booking & strategy for print, digital & social media
- Influencer casting & paid social strategy
- Casting for global marketing, advertising and branded content campaigns
- Summit, festival & event programming
- Creative consulting & booking of talent for events including: high profile product launches, dinners, red carpet events & award ceremonies
- Infuse marketing campaigns with celebrity to ensure maximum impact & exposure
- Content creation & amplification
- Track record of achieving sponsorship for flagship events & paid editorial collaborations
- Entertainment & cultural trend forecasting to ensure effective & on message castings